Are you seeking the Wema Bank USSD code for all transactions? Of course, as a customer, whether new or old, it is important to know some of your banks’ essential USSD codes, if not all, in order to bank seamlessly.
It is not hidden that a lot of customers are not used to the Wema Bank mobile banking via USSD and they often ask questions like; What is Wema Bank USSD code for transfer, what is the Wema Bank USSD code for checking balance, what is the Wema bank code for buying airtime, and so on.
If you’re one of them, just keep reading. I will not only show the Wema Bank USSD code, but you’ll also learn how to register it, how to activate it and how to use the USSD code for Wema Bank to carry out any transactions on your account.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
About Wema Bank USSD Code
The Wema Bank USSD code is a unique short code and/or set of short codes specially designed by Wema Bank to make banking easy and accessible for all customers.
Using USSD code for Wema Bank, you can access all the basic financial and banking services right from your mobile phone without the need to visit a physical Wema Bank branch.
Customers love the Wema Bank mobile banking and USSD codes because apart from the general code for all transactions, there are short direct codes to carry out specific transactions.
Talking about specific transactions, let’s see the types of banking services that the Wema USSD code offers.
Check Out: Wema Bank Transfer Code
Features of Wema Bank USSD Code
The following are what the Wema Bank USSD code can help you with.
- Account opening
- Airtime recharge
- Fund transfer
- Balance enquiry
- Bills payment
- Quick loan
- Debit card services
- PIN change.
Related: List of BVN Code for All Banks
Benefits of Wema Bank USSD Code
The Wema Bank USSD code and mobile banking won’t be created in the first place if it has no benefits. Here is why the Wema Bank USSD code is the best banking solution for customers.
- Fast and easy transactions
- It provides a secure and a convenient way to transact with the bank
- Does not require mobile data or internet
- It saves cost and time
- Compatible to all kinds of mobile phone
- Available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- It is reliable and easy to use.
- It provides convenient financial services to customers.
While that’s not all, let’s see the USSD code for Wema Bank, and how to activate and use it.
Wema Bank USSD Code
*945# is the Wema Bank USSD code. This code can be used to easily carry out various banking transactions including airtime purchase, fund transfer, checking account number/balance, opening an account, getting loans, and so on, on your Wema account right from your phone.
Upon dialing the code on a registered line, a pop up containing all the listed features and others will appear on your mobile phone’s screen which you can then follow the prompts to use any of them.
To make transactions even easier and faster using the Wema 945 banking service, the bank has made available some simple short codes for specific transactions.
The following is a table that contains all the Wema Bank short codes for all transactions.
Related: Opay USSD Code for All Transactions
List of Wema Bank USSD Code
|Transfer to Wema Bank/Other Banks||*945*Beneficiary Account Number*Amount#|
|Airtime Top Up for Self||*945*Amount#|
|Airtime Top Up for Others||*945*Phone Number*Amount#|
|Pay Cable Bills||*945*10#|
|Pay Electricity Bills||*945*24#|
|Careless Withdrawal/Pay Merchant||*945*57# and *945*58#|
|Pay School Bills||*945*70# and *945*71#|
|Change USSD PIN||*945*00#|
|Change Account Number||*945*2*Old Acct Number*New Acct Number#|
How to Activate Wema Bank USSD Code
While all the codes above are for specific Wema Bank transactions, a full registration and activation is required with your registered bank account phone number to access all the *945# features.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to activate the USSD code for Wema Bank.
- Simply dial *945# on the mobile number that is connected with your WEMA Bank account. This is the same number used for transaction alerts.
- Follow the prompt that shows up on the screen and choose the option to proceed to activation.
- Add your bank account number
- Set up your PIN.
- Confirm your PIN to complete the activation process.
Once you’ve registered and activated the Wema Bank USSD code, you can now carry out any transactions using the general code, as well as the short codes.
Read Also: How to Buy Airtime from Wema Bank
Wema Bank USSD Code for Transfer
The Wema Bank USSD code to transfer money from Wema Bank to Wema Bank and other banks is *945*Account Number*Amount#.
For example, to transfer 20,000 Naira to 0011111100, all you need to do is dial *945*0011111100*2000#, then follow the prompts to verify details and complete the transaction with your transaction PIN.
Wema Bank USSD Code for Checking Balance
You can check your Wema Bank account balance by simply dialing *945*0#, then enter your PIN, and a pop up containing the money you have left in your Wema account will be displayed on your screen.
Related: How to Share Data on MTN
Wema Bank USSD Code for Buying Airtime
The Wema Bank USSD code to buy airtime for yourself (SIM linked with your Wema Bank account) is *945*Amount#. To buy airtime for other numbers/sims, dial *945*Phone Number*Amount#
For example, if you want to recharge N1000 for yourself, simply dial *945*1000#, and your line will be credited with a 1000 Naira worth of airtime. If you want to recharge another line 07011111111 (your other lines or for friends and/or family) with N1000, just dial, *945*07011111111*1000#, then enter your PIN to authorize the transaction.
Wema Bank USSD Code for Opening an Account
The USSD code for Wema Bank account opening is *945*1#, accept the mobile banking terms and continue to follow the prompts to create an account with Wema Bank.
Wema Bank USSD Code for Cable Bill Payments
The USSD code for Wema bank cable (DSTV, GoTV, etc) bill payments is *945*10#, then select your bullet and follow the screen instructions, then enter your PIN to complete the transaction.
Here are the codes for direct cable bill payments.
- DSTV — *945*11# and *945*11*smartcardNO #
- GOTV — *945*12# and *945*12*smartcardNO#
Wema Bank USSD Code for Electricity Bill Payments
The USSD code for Wema bank electricity bill payments is *945*24#, then select your bullet and follow the screen instructions, then enter your PIN to complete the transaction.
Here are the codes for paying directly in some locations.
- Eko — *945*25*meterno*amount#
- Ikeja — *945*26*meterno*amount#
- Ibadan — *945*27*meterno*amount#
- Abuja — *945*28*meterno*amount#
- Enugu — *945*29*meterno*amount#
- Jos — *945*30*meterno*amount#
- Kaduna — *945*31*meterno*amount#
- Kano — *945*32*meterno*amount#
- Portharcourt — *945*33*meterno*amount#
Wema Bank BVN USSD Code
To retrieve your Wema Bank USSD code using the USSD code on Wema Bank, simply dial *945*4#.
Wema Bank USSD Code Not Working? Here’s How to Fix it
If you’re a Wema Bank account holder and have been dialing the Wema mobile banking USSD code, but not working, the following may be the cause. Also how to fix the issue.
- Bad Network Connection: when there is no or bad network coverage either from your end (mobile network providers) or from the bank’s network, you may get an error message after dialing the Wema Bank USSD to perform any transactions. To fix this, you’ll need to wait for some time and try again.
- You’re Not Yet Registered or Haven’t Activated the USSD Code: If you haven’t registered and activated the Wema USSD code with the phone number you registered your account with, the Wema Bank code may not work. To fix this, make sure you activate the Wema Bank USSD code on your line.
- You’re Dialing the USSD code on an unlinked/wrong phone number: If the SIM you registered your account number with is not used to dial the code, it may not work. To fix this, make sure you’re using the correct line.
How to Deactivate Wema Bank USSD Code
In cases where you misplaced your phone that has the SIM and number linked with your Wema account and USSD code, you would want to describe your USSD code in order to avoid money theft by the person who found or stole the phone.
- Look for any other phone and dial *945*911# to deactivate and disconnect your mobile number from your Wema Bank USSD mobile banking.
NOTE: In case you found the phone after deactivating the USSD bank or you got another line, you’ll need to visit a Wema Bank branch to reactivate the Wema Bank USSD magic banking feature.
More to Know About The Wema Code
- This service is open to MTN, Glo, 9mobile, and Airtel subscribers.
- The USSD code is only open to Wema bank account holders.
- To use this service, you must have an active phone number registered in your bank account.
- This service is available 24 hours every day. Meaning, even at really odd hours, you can still use this service.
USSD Code for Wema Bank – FAQs
How can I get USSD code for Wema Bank?
The USSD code for Wema Bank mobile banking is *945#.
How do I set up Wema Bank mobile banking?
You can at up your Wema Bank USSD mobile banking by simply dialing *945*01# using the phone number/sim registered with your Wema Bank account, and follow the prompts.
Thanks to the Wema Bank mobile banking service via USSD, customers from all parts of the country can now access easy and fast mobile banking without having to visit a Wema Bank branch.
With this simple guide about the USSD code for Wema Bank, I believe you’ve known how to activate the Wema Bank USSD code, and how to use it for various transactions.